We are all a little achy (legs, hips, and feet), but we think it is from all the walking we've been doing on our outings!
Wednesday Jenny and I did manage to get out to run in the afternoon when the rain finally cleared up - we ran opposite directions around the lake, so we kept passing each other, because I was really tired and told her I didn't think she wanted to run as slow as I was going to! It also meant we could be really silly and give each other high fives as we passed each other! I did 4 loops (5.2 km) in about 40 minutes and she ran a little bit longer and did 6 loops.
Thursday we took the train to Kortrijk, a city in the west of Belgium, to see the musuem commemorating the Battle of the Golden Spurs that took place there in 1302, where the Flemish beat the French, and became a great symbol of Flemish identity. We also visited the town hall, begijnhof, cathedral, and baggaerthof - it's a nice small, very accessible town with lots to see.
Today is a "quiet day at home" which means we all got to get out and run - Stefaan, Jenny and I did a neighborhood run of about 5.8 km which took us 38 minutes. I took them through the scary long path that I did and posted pictures of a few months ago - but of course it wasn't scary to do it with them with me! But it is so narrow we had to run in single file. The fun thing was I didn't have to take a watch, because Jenny tracked us with her Garmin. It was weird not to have my own watch on and have no clue how long we were running. We ran the whole thing with no walk breaks, except slowing down to cross streets.
Tomorrow afternoon we have our visit to the Stella brewery here in Leuven - you have to have a minimum of 15 people to book the tour, so I rounded up some good friends and their families who were willing to join us and then everyone is coming back to our place afterwards for drinks and dinner. We are looking forward to making some yummy vegan foods for everyone and having a nice evening together!
Hope everyone has a great weekend - and a very happy birthday to both Katy and Christine tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now THAT's what *I* have been waiting for ... my virtual tour of the Stella factory!! Have fun!! :) The dinner and drinks afterward sounds like the perfect way to end a great day. Enjoy!
Are there going to be pictures of the Stella factory! Now that would have been a great tour and even better get together afterwards!
Post a Comment