This morning I headed off to the gym to cross train - which always seems so playful to me as compared to a treadmill run - and strength train. With the gorgeous weather we have been having I have been biking to the gym, because not only does it take the same amount of time as driving (about 10 minutes each way) but it is also beter for the environment and gets me 20 extra minutes of aerobic exercise in.
Then I met my friend Anne for lunch at a Chinese restaurant in Leuven where she had arranged for them to specially prepare a delicious tofu dish for me. Anne is originally from Hong Kong, so I wasn't surprised at all when the restaurant she chose was the same one our friend from Taiwan used to eat in every week when she was in Leuven doing her PhD - what more recommendation do you need than the home crowd choosing it? (For those of you in Leuven, it's the Hong Kong Restaurant in the Parkstraat!) Anyway, the food was delicious and the welcome was very warm and Anne and I had a great time catching up since we hadn't seen each other all through the summer. I JUST made it to school on time to meet the boys!
The gorgeous weather is supposed to hang in here all weekend. Have a great one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmmm, you're making me hungry. I just finished reading "The Fortune Cookie Chronicles" by Jennifer 8. Lee. It was AWESOME! It's all about Chinese food's influence and was very, very interesting. If you're loooking for a good read, I recommend it.
Thanks for the tip! I'm always up for a good book about food!
Post a Comment