Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wet and windy

Woke up this morning to pounding rain and cold wind. Hmmm. I decided rather quickly to head off to the gym, where I also renewed my membership for the next 25 months!

I am always amazed at how busy the gym is on Sunday mornings, by ten it is just buzzing with people (I always try to get there by 9:30!), this morning there were even lots of little kids running around. After sorting out my membership renewal I got on my favorite treadmill and did 8 km in 54 min.

Next week (tomorrow) my 14 week training program for the half marathon starts. Brrr!

7 comments:

Alexandra said...

Which half marathon will you be training for?

Lily on the Road said...

Good for you! Now we just have to keep each other motivated!!

J said...

It's nice to have that treadmill option.

Good luck starting your program this week!

J said...

It's nice to have that treadmill option.

Good luck starting your program this week!

Amy said...

Hey Alex,
I'm going to be doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon with Mom and Jenny in March - betcha there'll be a lot of pink running outfits that day!

Alexandra said...

Oh! I checked out the website. That sounds like a great event to be a part of! I agree, pink will be the color of the day!

Sarah Kathryn said...

Yay on the half-marathon training for the Princess!

It's not near as cold in FL - so you'll get a bit of a break from the cold training ...