You know I put my Matt Roberts plan on hold til we get back from the Netherlands next week. But today I decided I would go back and do the first workout from the book, because I was getting a little concerned that doing "nothing" would make picking it back up that much harder next week. Not only that, but my arms were starting to feel mushy!
The first workout was 20 minutes of cardio (I went out and got a nice run in for half an hour) and then a resistance circuit followed by abs. I was sweating like a "varken" but very happy to have gotten it done! Now I don't feel like such a slacker and hopefully I won't be super sore when I get going again next week...
My husband is flying in from Poland this evening, we will pick him up at the airport and continue on to his cousin's graduation party tonight...then tomorrow we head off to the Netherlands. We have rented bikes for the whole weekend so I am not worried about being lazy this weekend. And Sunday I get to meet Fran, which I am really looking forward to!
Not sure if I will be able to blog while we are gone, but I will certainly file a full report when we are back next week!
8 comments:
I'm curious how many people will know what a varken is LOL.
I look forward to our visit on Sunday too. Only 3 more nights of sleep. Wooooohoooooooooooo
Good for you that you did a workout this week now that you had time to do it.
I know what a varken is! In Afrikaans it is just vark. "sweat like a varken" - "sweet soos 'n vark". Love it! Hope you have a great time in the Netherlands, enjoy!
I hope you'll have a nice biking weekend! Enjoy the meeting with the "Dutch blogger girlfriend" :)
Have fun biking and meeting Fran.
What is a varken and does it really sweat?
It's a pig and I was wondering the exact same thing!
Have a safe trip (or are you already arrived?)
Of course I don't know what a verken is.
Enjoy your biking week-end and the meeting with Fran.
Looking forward to see many many pictures.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_pigs_sweat
Perhaps you're implying that a roll in the mud might be more effective....?
Enjoy your weekend, good that it's active!
Post a Comment