Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mid-week update and a recipe!


I made this Red Beet Hummus this evening and the color was so gorgeous I just had to share it with you! The recipe is very easy, too...and a great way to use up any leftover roasted beets you might have on hand.
Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 medium roasted or cooked beet (about 150 g or 5 ounces)
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
juice of half a lemon
1 T olive oil
1 T tahini
1/2 t. cumin
salt and pepper to taste
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or with an immersion blender until smooth. Enjoy!
Today I did the free yoga class on the Yoga Today website - which felt really good!
Yesterday I gave up on the weather and went to the gym for my run. It had been a while since I did a run on the treadmill, and it actually felt kind of monotonous. Dare I say I might be growing out of loving the treadmill??? I sure hope not, with winter right around the corner...
Monday I putzed around until I didn't have enough time to go to the gym so I did the 30 Day Shred at home and then went for a short run - and my muscles are still sore today! That workout is deceptively intense...

9 comments:

Giorgio said...

I hope your muscles will be okay soon!
Thanks for sharing the recipe ... I love garlic (we use red garlic).
Have nice runs ... without treadmill :)

Darlene said...

I hate the treadmill - will never love it.

Karin said...

The hummus recipes looks good. Thanks for sharing.
I have never done a Jillian DVD, but I will put it on my Christmas list. I need some good DVDs at home, when I can't make it to the gym (like today, sick son at home). Hope your muscles feel better soon.

Char said...

When I saw the picture of your hummus I immediately thought of icing. Shows you how my brain works.

Fran said...

The color looks beautiful but I'm not a fan of red beets. I can't even remember when I ate them last.

Interesting: losing your love for the treadmill? I'd say buy some thermo underwear and try to run outside all winter long. I promise you: you won't regret it.

Jillian always "surprises" me afterwards. You would think 20 minutes is nothing but she really kicks your butt in those 20 minutes :)

Happy birthday my sweet friend, I'm happy we found each other. Hope you have a great day.

Liz said...

Like Char, I think that photo looks more like a cup cake topping! I bet it tastes great though...

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday, hope you are having a great day !

Mark said...

Happy Birthday Amy!
When I saw the picture, at first I thought it was some sort of dessert, it looks so good.

Enjoy your big day today!

Anonymous said...

No, the dreadmill noooooo.
Now the recipe is in my wife's hands. Thank you.