Today I've been going through my recipe folders to copy some to bring with me on our trip this summer. We'll be visiting friends and family and I want to be able to contribute to the cooking! There were a couple of really good recipes that I had to translate from Dutch to English and so I thought since I went to the effort of typing it out I would share one of my favorites here. I've made this twice already and I really love it - the dressing is amazing and really makes the dish - I also served it to my friend Christine and she approved, so it's definitely a keeper!
Pasta Salad with Puy Lentils and Olives
(from Avalon restaurant in Gent)
For the salad:
½ pound whole wheat
spirelli¼ pound dry Puy lentils (or green or brown lentils)
2 T soy sauce
2 carrots, in julienne
6 green olives, sliced in rings
Fresh parsley or other herb for garnish
For the dressing:
3 T soy sauce2 T balsamic vinegar
1 T roasted sesame oil
1 T olive oil
1 tsp agave
2 T coarsely chopped cilantro or parsley
½ t sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
Bring the lentils
to a boil in a saucepan with 2x their volume in water and simmer for 20-25
minutes until they are tender and most of the water has been absorbed. Add 2 T soy sauce to the pan and allow the
lentils to sit and soak it up while you make the rest of the recipe.
Meanwhile, bring a large
pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta
al dente, and in the last two minutes add the carrots. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Whisk all the
dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Mix the pasta,
carrots, olives, lentils and dressing in a large bowl. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with herbs and enjoy!
5 comments:
I love lentils ... they are good for us, runners. Thanks for sharing that recipe!
Do you speak Dutch language also?
Ja, natuurlijk! (Yes, of course!)
Thanks for the recipe. I'll be saving it for when it warms up around here.
This sounds good. I don't have many recipes that call for lentils, except soup. They are so good for you & a staple in many of the Blue Zones. Thanks!
I made this last Saturday - it was a great hit! Thank you, again!
Post a Comment