This happened in July 2011 - a year later, we stayed at the same area (Canyon) and hiked there - with bear spray but I was nervous the entire time about running into a bear.
Yellowstone is gorgeous and I am so glad we went there, but it is wild and potentially dangerous. So tragic for the man who lost his life and for his family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh gosh! That is a good thing you didn't see it before.
I'm so glad that we only have poisonous spiders and snakes and dingoes. At least you have a decent chance in a one on one with a dingo and with the spiders and snakes there's a good chance that you could make it to hospital in time.
When I was in Yellowstone we stayed in a lodge instead of camping because of the bears.
We stayed in these little cabins at the Canyon Village area. I felt safe in the cabins, but at night there was definitely bear activity.
Sorry for the man killed and glad you didn't meet those bears.
Here I must only defend myself by .... my mother in law's attacks!
LOL! those can be just as dangerous, though, right?
We have bear here in New Jersey (seems odd, but it's true!). They are super intimidating and the Momma bear have been known to attack!
Fortunately you didn't meet those bears!
Here we have bears in Northern Italy.
I've always been frightened of wild animals like bears and mountain lions. We don't have either here but I know I'd be nervous if I visited a place that does.
Post a Comment