Saturday, March 16, 2013
My 16-year-old and I had tickets to see this concert last night. It was excellent, especially the two piano version of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue they played (an excerpt of it starts at about 9.28 minutes in the video if you're interested). I think I've mentioned before how much I enjoy watching Jef Neve perform...I'll have to add Liebrecht Vanbeckevoort to my list, now, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How did I not know you had not been running since August? My goodness. What exactly is it? You've been going to the gym some haven't you? My sympathies! Reading anything good these days?
Thanks Andrea - I was told by my osteo that it was just too high impact for the hip issues I'd been having pretty much constantly. It was hard to let go of (therefore the loss of desire to blog as well, I guess), I would say I was in mourning for several months. Am now walking, working out at the gym, and doing long distance hikes instead. Not always pain free but much improved. Thanks for asking!
As far as reading, just read a few recent Anita Shreves from the library, but not much to blog home about, I guess - LOL! You?
I didn't know you'd had to give up running either (just read the comments above). That's harsh but if you've got an injury it's what you've got to do. I'm glad you've got other activities to fill its place.
I didn't know you'd had to give up running either (just read the comments above). That's harsh but if you've got an injury it's what you've got to do. I'm glad you've got other activities to fill its place.
I knew you had been struggling with your hip - I'm so sorry that you have had to quit running completely.
I love piano music and Gershwin is one of my favorites!
Sorry to hear your decision!
Thanks for sharing the video.
I just hate injuries! I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to enjoy running. Last week I cried at the doctor's for the same reason! I'm doing a lot of strength training. It's good to see that you are able to enjoy some other things in like - love Gershwin!
Don't give up, take your time and you will run again.
I had long breaks (the last one 6 months) and now I have a permanent injury in my back but I have always the hope to keep on running even if only to stay fit.
All the best.
Post a Comment