I got to the gym early today and just wanted to do something simple. So I got on a treadmill and programmed five kilometers and decided to see how long it would take me to do it. I hadn't run a full 5 K in I don't know how long (I've been doing regular interval walk/runs the past few months and the occasional random run out in the neighborhood but not for specific distances), and I had no idea how it was going to go. I was thinking probably 40 minutes?
I took a short walk break at the top of each kilometer and even then I was tickled to see I could finish it in 36 minutes. The interval running has paid off in maintaining a basic level of running fitness, I guess, which is encouraging! So I was thinking I might just make Wednesday my regular 5K day and see how much I can improve over the next few months. I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Keep running, Amy!
That's great Amy.
Nice, Amy. I am going to throw in at least one mile of faster running (for me) because I had that go well on the TM recently.
I like this! I try to do 1 faster run per week but often use that day as a recovery run.
Dang! Nice job! I think you should make it a regular thing!!!! :)
Yes, do it! Great job on the treadmill Amy. I am sure that outdoor you are faster.
Good idea, we are on the same page when it comes to running, I'm back at run/walk intervals too and like you I walk more than I run. But I love it and reading about your hikes you do too :)
Post a Comment