| At the start: clean feet! |
I posted about this a few years ago when we first visited the Barefoot Park in Zutendaal, but it was time for another visit - we heard they expanded the path to 3 kilometers and my son's girlfriend, Charlotte, had never been. So off we headed to Limburg!
The path starts off gently, with sand, but quickly forces your feet to adapt to all kinds of surfaces: stones, mulch, tree stumps, logs, boulders, very cold water and...mud! Lots of mud...
We took our time; the entire path took us well over an hour to complete. But going barefoot is not as easy as it might seem - you end up using a lot of muscles in your feet and lower legs that are normally completely supported by shoes, so they have to work harder than they're used to.
| At the end: dirty feet! |
Definitely a fun activity to do on a summer afternoon! But your feet and calves might be a bit sore the next day...
Interested in more? Here's a short 2 minute video about the path:
4 comments:
I recently saw a documentary about how going barefoot is really good for stimulating the brain. Especially going barefoot over different terrains and textures. That walk would have been just what the documentary presenter was suggesting. Looks like a lot of fun.
Interesting! My feet aren't tough at all and this would be hard!
That's great! I'd like to walk barefoot throught that beautiful area.
In Italy we can do the same only along the beach.
If I visit your country I will try to walk along those beautiful paths.
Indeed it is interesting but not for me, I am too weak. Glad you made this experience twice and you liked it. The scenery is wonderful.
Post a Comment