Thursday, September 17, 2015

Recent Hikes (21, 22 & 23)


These pictures are from the hike around Averbode I did with Ingrid in June - it was such a beautiful day.  Too bad but it seems the summer weather is gone for good and we have entered fall now with its rain.  Since June, and since our trip to Sweden in August, I've gotten three more hikes in to bring my count up to 23 so far. 



 In August I met up with Leen, Jef, and their kids Lucas and Hannah for hike #21 in Bierbeek.  We did an enjoyable 9 km and treated ourselves to a beer afterwards.


 At the beginning of September, Ingid and I headed to Oud-Heverlee and the Dode Beemde for a section of this area we had never done before and hike #22.  We did 13.5 km in the rain!


 Finally, recently I had to take advantage of one of our last sunny weekdays and got out and hiked 5 km on my own in Kessel-Lo, bringing my hiking count up to 23, which I am pretty pleased with, and planning to get a few more in before the end of the year.

3 comments:

Char said...

13.5k in the rain is real commitment. I didn't realise that Autumn was your rainy season. For us it's Summer.

Fran said...

I agree wit Char that walking 13.5K in the rain is impressive. When the forecast is lots of rain on a walk, I don't go because both Bella and I don't like walking in the rain. A little bit of rain doesn't matter.

So far you have done some pretty nice walks this year.

Giorgio said...

This week Summer is going to an end, although the weather s still hot here in Central Italy.
I also love walking/running in the rain ... but only in summer time.