Friday, April 8, 2016

Surprise! Upcoming Running/Walking Events

I haven't done many events the past couple years, but surprisingly enough I have three that I am signed up for this month, one that I will probably do with my son Florian in May, and a big one with Ingrid in June...and at the moment I'm struggling a bit with sciatica but walking and running feel okay (thank the Lord).  Here's a run-down of the events themselves:


  • Running for Education in India 5K with my sister Christy in Texas on April 24
  • Illinois Marathon 5K and Half Marathon with my bestie Joy on April 29/30 (I'll be running the 5K and we're walking the half together)
  • Linden Trail Run 7K with my son on May 17 (we still have to sign up)
  • Great Breweries 25K Walking Event on June 5 with Ingrid - yes, this will combine walking with beer tasting - not sure if this is a good combination or not ;-)
I am bit apprehensive about the travel to the US in a couple weeks.  Our airport is still not back up to full capacity after the bombing attacks, and it's not sure yet if it will be soon.  My husband and I flew to Venice last weekend, and the flights went out of a regional airport in Liege, which went smoothly, given the circumstances.  

4 comments:

Fran said...

Wow 25K walk? Sounds like fun although the fartest we have walked is about 12K.

Hope all is back to normal once you fly to the US.

Kim said...

Wow! You have a lot coming up! :) I hope your travel goes well!

I forgot we were going to chat about when I am in TX! I will be there the 23rd through 26th (leaving very early).

Darlene said...

Good for you. I hope that all go well.

You're coming to the US? That's exciting too.

Char said...

That's a big month! So nice that you can do the half with your friend. That'll be really special.