Oh yes, too many late nights and too many glasses of good wine do tend to have an effect on your running, unfortunately!
On Saturday we topped off our great visit to the Stella factory with good food, good wine (and yes, some beer), Sunday we had a long train trip out to Ieper to see the Flanders Fields museum and the monument to World War Two, and then Monday we were all invited to both Linda and Annemie's homes for delicious food, drinks and good company to celebrate the Belgian national holiday. It was a very festive extended weekend!
On Tuesday Jenny, Stefaan and I planned to run together out to the lake, do two loops around the lake, and run home. Boy, was that a tough run! My legs felt like cement bricks and I just could not keep up with them. Finally I just told them to go on ahead and I took a shorter way home, and ended up bumping into them the last block home. So we all ended up running 60 minutes, I did 8 kilometers (they did slightly more).
This morning we had to take them to the airport and say our goodbyes, which is always hard. But we just have to start looking forward to our next time together and not think about being sad right now. I know there are a lot of people and three dogs who are anxiously waiting for them to get home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like the perfect vacation!
I'm sure the visit to Flanders was a little sobering....
Your guests have many wonderful memories to take home and share!
Yes it was, Lily, all those names on the Menin gate are mind boggling. So many young men lost.
Post a Comment