I had been working on speed intervals this week while doing my treadmill runs. And Stefaan had some time off to let his foot heal. For some reason, these two elements combined meant that we ran pretty fast today out at the lake, without even really intending to. We did 5 small loops (7 km) in 43 minutes. We took each loop pretty fast and had a one minute walk break at the top each time (included in the time). I was surprised as I was doing the math in my head. It did feel fast, but not horrible. One of my goals for the coming year is to improve my 5K time, and today made me feel like it is totally within my ability to do so.
On another note, we went to Brussels on Friday afternoon to see the Flower Tapestry on the Grand Place and here are some pictures:




Beautiful!
2 comments:
Congratulations on the 500k!!!!
I look forward to hearing whether you pick another 1/2 marathon! (I LOVE that distance so I am a huge champion for it! :))
The flower "carpet" is STUNNING. You have access to the most amazing things where you live!!!!
Yes, Congrats on 500K you are amazing!
I LOVE these photo's, how long does it take to place or plant the flowers? Are they planted??
That is GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment