Jenny completed the Disney Marathon today! I spoke to her briefly and she was really happy about how she did - it sounded like she had a great race and she was pleased with her time, 4 hours, 12 minutes. Great job!
Thanks to instant email alerts we were able to follow her progress from the other side of the world, while having lunch at my mother in law's and then later cake and coffee at my sister in law's.
Because of our family visits, I had time for a short run today (5K), and did it at the gym to escape the cold! It was very very busy at the gym (luckily I got there early or I wouldn't have had a treadmill) - was it all from people escaping the cold, or do you think there were lots of people working on their brand new New Year's Resolutions??? If it's the latter, things should calm down in a couple of weeks!
Then after I heard Mom ran 8 miles today and hearing all the runs she has on her schedule the next 8 weeks to get ready for the Princess Half, I decided I better knuckle down and so I went to Smart Coach on RunnersWorld.com and got myself all set up with a serious schedule. No fooling around anymore for me or I might just be eating Mom's dust come March 8!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for your support!! I can't wait to run the Princess Half with you, and I look forward to your new "scheduled" runs!
Post a Comment