Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good Decision

The weather forecast said rain and strong winds for this morning, so I decided last night that I would get up on time, see how it looked outside, and if it indeed looked pretty bad, I would get to the gym when it opens at 9 and do my run there. I had to do 6 lake loops which translates to 8.4 km, which is still reasonable on a treadmill.

Well, it wasn't raining when I got up, but it sure was windy - if there is one thing I dislike worse than running in rain, it is running in gusting winds - so I headed to the gym. Did 8.7 km in 63 minutes, stretched a little and headed home - in the pouring rain! So I was glad I had made the decision to run on the treadmill inside where it was dry and warm.

I was a bit worried my knee was going to bother me, because we were moving some furniture downstairs yesterday and it wasn't easy on my knees! But it was fine. Now we've had lunch and are going to tackle the rest of the furniture!

Good luck to Mark, who is running a half marathon today - I can't wait to see how fast he runs!
Go Mark go!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Good for you for getting your run in. We're going to raock at Disney!

Cindy said...

That was great that you had a plan in case of rain. There aren't many weeks left until the Princess. Keep up the good work.