

A beautiful drive from Palm Springs down through southern California to the San Diego landmark of Coronado Island and the amazing Hotel del Coronado. We were lucky enough to have an ocean-front room in the original 1888 building, what a treat! I was thankful that we were not in the famous haunted room, because I don't think I would have been able to sleep! There is lots of history here, including the filming of the Marilyn Monroe comedy "Some Like it Hot" in 1959.
We walked on the beach yesterday when we arrived, had some California wine on the patio as we watched the sun go down, and then enjoyed a delicious dinner at one of the restaurants. We still went to be early (that time change is a killer), which meant we got up early again, but by the time the sun came up we were ready to get out and run on the beach. We went north up the beach all the way to the Navy base, and then back, 2.5 miles total. By the time we jogged back to the hotel, I had a bunch of shells in my hand - not too convenient when running, but what an opportunity!
Today we head up north to Carlsbad, where the wedding will take place, and on the way we are going to stop in La Jolla to see the sea lions.
4 comments:
Holy doodle girl, It has taken me WEEKS to catch up with everything you've been up too, now you're in the good ole U.S. of A. and enjoying all of the sights of Phoenix, Sedona and now Palm Springs!!
Have a wonderful time, and I promise it won't be another five months before I write to you!!
Have fun!
I loved San Diego too when I was there. It's beautiful up there.
San Diego is still one of my favorite places. Enjoy all the sights and have fun!
I love San Diego, I got to spend 10 days there a number of years ago. I saw the Coronado Hotel and thought it would be an amazing place to stay!
Post a Comment