Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bootcamp and Yoga

Yesterday was bootcamp again with Christy and Stefaan. Shayla put together another tough workout for us and finished the session with a series of planks. It was a hard workout and I definitely am feeling it in my glutes today!



Later I went to yoga class with Mom, Jenny and Mark to get a good stretch. I loved Heidi's class! It was called "Weekend Warrior" and is specifically intended for people who run or do other sports during the weekend and want to get a good stretch in at the beginning of the week, which we definitely got. I've done yoga for many years but it is always fun to do something different - I always learn something new. "Shoelace" pose was a new one for me. (You lie on your back, pull your knees up towards your chest and cross your ankles, then grab your ankles with your hands and pull the feet gently towards you - gives a good stretch to glutes and hip flexors!) I also enjoyed that it was in a very warm room - the yoga class I do at home is in a pretty chilly room and it makes a big difference.

3 comments:

Fran said...

It's cool that you workout so much while you're there. Yoga class sounds fun.

Johann said...

Another bootcamp...impressive! You are really dedicated over the holidays, excellent!

Char said...

Yoga is supposed to be a great exercise for runners in maintaining flexibility. And a flexible runner is a fast runner.