Sunday, December 12, 2010

Meeting Jackie McFee


Remember the cute tanks my mom and aunt wore during the half marathon last month? I also bought one for myself and wore it to the gym for the first time last week. Very flattering and cute! While we were at the expo we actually met the designer, Jackie McFee, at her booth when we bought the tops - we all ended up getting the same one. Jackie was one of the main sponsors of the race (she also did the awesome tote bags we recieved), and her design work benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, so it is all for a very good cause.


I wore my new top to my first Sh'Bam class on Friday - so even though I felt like a total clutz, at least I still looked cute! The class was basically a very high energy aerobics class and even though it wasn't supposed to be as hard as Zumba, I thought it was pretty complicated - but then anything with "grapevines" and all those other classic dance steps is really not my thing. I have to be extremely careful not to fall on my butt!

My calves were surprisingly sore yesterday, from the Sh'Bam class, I guess. Today I went out for a run OUTSIDE! It was actually sunny and not too cold - this has been the first time I managed to run outdoors since I got back from Florida. It felt good, too! I have to say I definitely prefer running to aerobics class any day - nothing complicated about running, just put one foot in front of the other, and repeat, repeat, repeat....No fancy footwork required. But still, I look forward to spring and summer when I won't have to wear so many layers...and can show off my new tank top outside too!

5 comments:

Fran said...

I agree about the running, I like it more too instead of aerobic classes.

The top is great and I'm hoping with you we will get better weather soon so you can show it off.

This weekend finally has been good for running outside, I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Running outside is the best! I hope that you will be able to do it many times during this winter season.
Dreadmill and aerobic classes, in my opinion, have to be the last chance.

ajh said...

I was outside today too. Not too bad ........loved being out there. Now it is nasty out so glad I went early. Love the top!

Johann said...

I would not survive any type of class like that. I am just not made for fancy moves. Like you say, running is not complicated and that's why I love it. Have a great week, hope you can run outside again!

Ewa said...

You are one brave lady to tackle that class. The things we runners do to cross train...
Hope you get more 'running outside' weather.