Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Yoga

I recently signed up for the 21 day yoga challenge from Yoga Journal magazine, which starts today. For the next three weeks, I will get an email with a video yoga class - for free! The first session, Day 1: Fun Flow, was really good! It was a vigorous and sometimes challenging class, and I actually got sweaty doing it! Hopefully this will inspire me to get back into regular practice, a long standing aspiration of mine. Doing yoga on a regular basis simply makes me feel better in my skin.

Still feeling sluggish and tired and not sleeping well at night from the jet lag, but hopefully getting back into our normal routine will smooth this out by the end of the week. And doing yoga doesn't hurt either!

6 comments:

Ewa said...

Yoga is doing wonders for me. After all the running, fast hiking, weight lifting I get very stiff. After two weeks of yoga, for the first time in years, I wake up without stiffness. I have to go to classes though - I am not disciplined enough to do it at home.

Kim said...

What a cool way to get in to yoga! And I love that it is free.

Hope yuo are feeling 100% soon!

Bert said...

Sounds like fun. For a change of pace, so to speak, I am adding a 'Muscle Blaster' and 'Abs Express' workout every Tue and Thu.

Fran said...

That looks like a fun challenge.
I feel the same about Pilates. I haven't been in 3 weeks and look forward to tomorrow's class.

Are we still going to run together this year? Maybe both look at races which is good for the both of us?

Giorgio said...

I've never done any form of yoga.
Could I try to do it at home? Glad you enjoyed it :)

ajh said...

I have also never done yoga! Good for you. Good luck with the jet lag. You must have changed a lot of hours.