Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gorgeous Day


We knew today was going to be the best day of the week so I was determined to make the most of it. I walked Felix to school and then once the sun really came out, at about 10.30, I got out for my run. Perfect running weather! And I love this time of year, with all the spring flowers. Because of it being so cold for so long, it seems like they are all out in full force together right now, instead of one after another: crocus, daffodil, hyacinth and even red tulips - I saw them all this morning.
I went a bit longer than I was "supposed" to, because I felt like heading out to the lake and seeing how spring was coming along there. The swans were out, majestic as always. I ended up doing 7 km in 49 minutes by the time I turned around and got home. I was trying to keep it a slow and easy pace. It felt good and I wasn't all sore from yesterday - maybe doing a short fast run after the Shred helped loosen those muscles up a bit?
I'm planning to do more of the Shred in the next three months - I'm going to do Level 1 in March, Level 2 in April and Level 3 in May, spreading it out so I do each level 10x. I'll alternate it with running and keep you posted how it goes.
Now I am off to walk downtown and do some errands - can't let this sunshine go to waste, can I? Have a great day!

11 comments:

Marcelle said...

Its 14 degrees this side, but not much sunshine, its trying to break through...
I dont see any signs of Spring...no flowers this side of the world, I cant wait, you so lucky.
I was going for a run this morning, but going tomorrow as my legs are so sore from running and KB workouts, they need a break, so did upper body only today for an hour and later this evening I teach.
I also got out a little doing fruit shopping, was great, hope you having a good time right now....x

Fran said...

I'm looking out the window at work at the sunshine. Can't wait to go home in an hour and take Bella for a walk. It sure is a lovely day.

We have a lot of swans at the moment and although they are beautiful to look at, I don't trust them one bit. Not since I was chased by one when I was a kid :)

Kim said...

I LOVE those early spring runs! One of my favorite times of the year to run!

I am excited about your Shred challenge. I only tried Level III once! Anxious to hear what you think!

Carol said...

I'm not sure if its spring in India... but its HOT! There are flowers everywhere though and that makes me happy. :)

ajh said...

Spring flowers? Really? What are those? Oh well some day the snow will disappear here. I will live vicariously through all the bloggers who already have it. Enjoy it.

Char said...

Spring flowers here aren't anything like what you get. I love all the bulb flowers that you can grow in cold climates. I think I was supposed to be born in Europe.

Ewa said...

Isn't spring glorious especially after a cold and snowy winter? Of course here, in SF Bay Area we wouldn't know anything about snow. :)
Happy spring to you. Hope the good weather holds.

Ewa said...

Oh, and Amy, I think you would make a wonderful company on my hikes. Who knows, maybe one of those days we'll bump into each other.

Liz said...

I found that the shred kept me quite fit and tones while I couldn't run. The third level is quite tough though - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is the right season to enjoy our workouts.
I love the tulips, everytime I go to the Netherlands I buy the bulbs.

Darlene said...

I'm moving to Holland. We still have snow on the ground.