Ha ha - day 2 is a rest day! Well, an active rest day... as soon as I can pull my youngest away from the Playstation, we are going to walk to the newsstand and the bakery this morning. It's a beautiful morning and a 30 minute walk sounds like just the ticket.
I am actually not as sore as I thought I would be after yesterday's workout. I think it does help that I was working out with weight regularly the past few months - I guess it wasn't such a shock to my muscles to start up a new program.
Eat to Live going very well - I made the most delicious vegan "Ranch" dressing with silken tofu for my salad last night from the cookbook "Appetite for Reduction". Seriously delicious - just knowing I have a jar of it in my fridge is making me look forward to my salad for lunch!
6 comments:
The walk sounds great for an active rest day. Guess you have the same nice weather as we are having. I'm going for a lunchwalk this afternoon and look forward to it.
Great to hear your eating program is going so well. If we make sure our meals are delicious it's so much easier right?
I like your new plan. Workout first day, rest the next. And I'm glad to hear you're not sore. I certainly am. I did three sets of 15 push-ups (real ones - not from my knees) and bits of me hurt today. I'm calling it a running injury because I wouldn't have worried had I not seen the photos from my race.
The walk sounds like the perfect idea! Great that you are not sore. I try to do my upper body and core workout 3 times per week but sometimes work and family comes first. I run 6 days and do the upper body 3 times if possible.
I would think pulling your son from the Playstation was a workout in itself :)
Isn't silken tofu great for dressings and sauces?
I had the Appetite for Destruction book from the library for 2 weeks. Looked like some yummy stuff! I only had a chance to try the coleslaw made with cashews, it was good.
Hope you had a great walk!
Post a Comment