Friday, July 15, 2011

Rainy Day at the Zoo and Changing Plans...

Yesterday I met one of my best friends at the zoo with our kids. The weather report was dreadful but we decided to embrace the weather, dress warmly and just go. It turned out to be a great day in spite of the fact that it rained pretty much non-stop: we saw lots of animals that would be hiding on a hot day, and practically had the zoo to ourselves. And the kids didn't seem to mind getting wet and muddy but I have to admit I was glad at the end of the day to get in the car and turn up the heat full blast!
I have decided I am going to put my Matt Roberts training plan on hold for the next week. We have some special visitors coming this weekend (my godson and his grandparents from France) and then at the end of next week we planned a last minute get away to the Netherlands. I don't want to be all stressed out about not being able to get my workouts in - I want to enjoy myself. So I thought about it a lot and decided to get some runs in where I can for now and then start right back up with the program when we get back. What is a week in the grand scheme of things, right?
Finally, other exciting news is that while we are in the Netherlands, Fran and I have arranged to meet up! I am so looking forward to meeting her! It's funny how you get to know someone by following their blog and you feel like friends already - yet, you have never met. And now we will - how exciting!

8 comments:

ajh said...

AS soon as you wrote the Netherlands I wondered if you would see Fran. That is so very exciting. I can't wait to hear about it.

And a week is nothing. Enjoy your company and trip.

Fran said...

I think it's a great idea to postpone your plan with a week, being stressed over it isn't worth it.

And I can't wait either, can't believe it's in a week. We've waited so long but now it's going to happen :)

Johann said...

We often do things when the weather is not all great because the crowds tend to stay home. Yay for going to meet Fran! A week is just a week and won't make any difference. Enjoy!

Bert said...

Yes in the great scheme of things a week does not amount to a hill of beans... :-) You definitely don't want to stress over working out, it should be fun, right?

Char said...

A week is nothing in the big picture - especially when you've got so much good stuff going on. Have a wonderful week.

Lori said...

How fun to get to meet Fran!

Karin said...

Yes, going to the zoo in the rain is wonderful. We did it last year, and had the zoo to ourselves too. Enjoy Netherlands. I was there many years ago, and it was beautiful. Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you and Fran can have a (running???) meeting. Enjoy the trip.