As you know I was really looking forward to meeting fellow blogger friend, Fran. It's a funny thing to finally meet someone in person whose blog you have been following for some time - you actually know a lot about them already and it's as if you are old friends who simply haven't seen each other in a while. We spent Sunday morning talking as if we had known each other for years! I found Fran to be just the way she comes across in her blog - very friendly and open, straighforward, down-to-earth, kind and easy to talk to! We found we have a lot in common besides running - but I have to admit, we did talk a lot about running, training and the races we are planning to do! With all of the other things we talked about, the time flew by. I am happy that we already have a date to see each other again - when we run our 15K together in October - and I am so pleased we had the chance to get together - thanks, Fran!
I saw Fran on Sunday morning; on Saturday we spent the whole dat the Hoge Veluwe National Park, which is fabulous. Not only does it have miles of biking and walking paths (we did a 30 km bike ride with the boys) and gorgeous landscapes, but it also has a top-notch art museum right in the center of the Park, where we spent a few hours looking at Van Goghs and other beautiful works of art. I also discovered that there is a race here in October (which Fran did last year) and this is definitely going on my bucket list of races I want to do.
Sunday afternoon turned out to be very rainy, so we decided to take it easy and enjoy our bungalow, reading books and watching the last day of the Tour de France. And then Monday we took one last bike ride before we had to return them and then went to one of our boys' favorite zoos - Apenheul - where the smaller monkeys run freely among the visitors. Always very fun and eye-opening to see how much human behavior is similar to apes, if you know what I mean!
All in all it was a great short getaway...
Now it's back to normal life, working out and running and ---- we pick up Florian at the airport tomorrow morning (yay!), and I am so ready for him to be home - even if he's not ready to leave Grandma and Grandpa's...
12 comments:
You're making me blush with your kind words. I've had a great time too. You're a great person and I look forward too to our race in October.
Great that you had such a great time in my lovely country.
By the way: the chocolates are delicious!
So happy you back again and back to blogging, I sure do miss your entries as they motivate me to get out and do something...a few people manage to do this for me. I find most people start strong and then stop...or have all these plans, but never reach them....U again get a plan and go for it...I like that.
When I lived in CT I had a rip off of the Von Gogh picture in my lounge,...
Seems like you had a really good time. So nice that you could meet Fran. I hope to meet some bloggers in the future but like you, there are not many in my own country. About that 100km...that is probably my favorite distance, so you never know!
I've just read Fran's blog: glad you had a great meeting and a good time.
Have nice runs!
Glad to hear you had a great trip. The park sounds wonderful along with the zoo. I don't think they have a zoo like that here in the States, where the monkeys run freely. That would be fun.
It appears that a good time was had by all! Van Gogh's and biking and monkeys, what more could you want.
Aww, that sounds like the perfect meetup! I am so happy you got to meet Fran. And I cannot believe Florian is already coming back. Time flies!
This sounds like a great vacation on so many levels with meeting Fran being the best!
It's nice that Florian's had such a good time that he doesn't want to leave. Inter-generational relationships are so good for kids of every age.
Sounds like you 2 had a great time. It's great to meet fellow bloggers esp if they are fellow runners.
Sounds like a great time was had by both you and Fran!
My gosh your life has been full of fun times! It's been awhile since I checked in. So nice that you got to meet your fellow blogger Fran. Blogging makes our world very small! Hope your summer continues being as exciting for you as it has been already!
Post a Comment