skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Quick Sunday Catch Up Post
- A lot of you might of heard about the freak storm that killed 5 people at a music festival here in Belgium on Thursday. We were so shocked and sad about this and while I am thankful no one we knew was hurt or killed, my heart goes out to the family and friends of the 5 who died and the 3 who are still fighting for their lives in the hospital. If there is anything to be gleaned out of this, it's that we never know how long we have, and we shouldn't take everything for granted, should we?
- Yesterday we were out with friends of ours on a day trip to Kanne, a tiny village just south of Maastricht (NL) where we visited a cave where we bought "cave mushrooms", a castle, enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather and the company of our friends, and ended it all with a late dinner at an Italian restaurant. Carpe diem, right?
- After the late night it was a bit difficult to get out of bed this morning, but we started off early on our run, as it was supposed to rain later today. It was muggy and hot, and I had 8 km on my schedule, but we kept to a slow and easy pace and enjoyed being able to do it.
- Now I am busy cooking for friends who are coming over this evening - I will be serving a "tapas" dinner for the first time ever! Yum, yum...
7 comments:
You are so right. We should never take everything for granted. We should be so thankful for people in our lives, jobs, a place to live etc. Everyday, I take a little time, to dwell on my life, and be thankful for things. Life just looks different this way.
Have fun entertaining this evening. Sounds like fun.
you are one busy girl!
The drama at Pukkelpop is so sad. I saw some videos on tv, it must have been so scary for the people that were there.
What a lovely day you had with your friends.
I was out running around 8 this morning and glad I went then because an hour later it was already very humid. Still is here.
Didn't know there was an accident in Belgium, exactly a week after the same sort of incident at the Indiana State Fair where 5 people also died. How strange! Yes, carpe diem, we just never know....
Enjoy your tapas dinner, sounds wonderful! Good job on the run, so difficult for me to do anything when it's hot and muggy, let alone run.
You are brave to try something new for company.
I hadn't heard about the concert disaster. How terribly tragic.
You and your family are officially invited to an italian restaurant in Italy if you will come here!
Sorry for the terrible incident, I was in Umbria for a vacation when I read of the tragedy.
Post a Comment