Sunday, February 19, 2012

Update and Congratulations

Just a little update - Stefaan and I got out this morning and ran to the park with the big lake - we hadn't been there in ages.  It was a strange sight to see there were still big patches of ice in the lake, where the water birds were standing up.  It felt good to get back there and we did one loop around the lake and then headed home via Vlierbeek Abbey (see picture).  For a total of 7.4 km and 54 minutes - yay!

A big congratulations to my brother-in-law, Mark, who ran 100K yesterday in 11:04 in Florida - isn't that amazing?  Stefaan and I were talking about it during our run, it is hard to imagine running that far, that fast.  Mind blowing!  Good job, Mark!

13 comments:

Marcelle said...

Well done on getting out, good time and whoooooo to your brother, can't even imagine running that distance

Char said...

So you got your run outdoors after all. And you brother-in-law is a superstar. A 100k run is beyond my comprehension. I just don't get how anyone can do it.

Fran said...

100K? I can't even imagine myself running a marathon. What a great accomplishment.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your outdoor run so much.

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

That looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mark.
Ice in the lake, I would like to run there!

Johann said...

Great that you could get out and run. Well done to Mark! That is a great time for 100k. My best 100k is 11:34 and only one other was under 12:00. BTW, I run trail races in tech shirts because it is the only plain shirts I have. I won't pay for plain(no logos) cotton shirts with nearly 300 race shirts in my cupboard. I'll do a post about the strict rules here in SA for running with shirts with sponsor logos on. Have a good week!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

That is amazing for him! 100K? Wow - I can just do five. Congratulations to him and so glad you got to have a great run outdoors.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

A 100K??? Oh my gosh!!! I have never ever heard of that. WOW. Major congratulations to him. How inspiring!

Anonymous said...

100K??? YOWZA!!! Congratulations are absolutely in order. Have a great week.

Kim said...

Wtg Mark! That is amazing! I love how your whole family runs, Amy, including you and your son. That is too cool! :)

Ewa said...

Aren't you tempted to do 100k? I would be if not for my inborn laziness.
For a moment I thought maybe that was a pic of your house. ;-)

Mark said...

Thanks for the shout out Amy!! I'm working on my blog post now (well, about to start after commenting here!!)