Friday, April 20, 2012

TGIF and some food for thought

My run yesterday went well, so I guess the sore leg can officially be catalogued as a fluke - phew!  I ran to the Finnish track and did 4 loops and then ran back home which makes 6 km.  I wasn't really loving all the wind, but I was so happy my leg felt good that it didn't bother me too much!

Today I went to the gym for 25 min on the elliptical followed by the new Body Balance class.  Oh my, it was a killer - seriously, I had to take ibuprofen this afternoon because my hip was hurting so much.  I am seriously thinking that I need to stop taking this class because I hate feeling crippled afterwards.  What is the point of that???  I am starting to think I would be better to do something that doesn't make me hurt so much.  Duh, right?  I guess I am just slow sometimes...

Yay - it's Friday - pizza night!  I am trying a new pizza dough recipe (from my giant green Mark Bittman vegetarian cookbook which I love) because I totally forgot to buy fresh yeast.  Luckily I had some dried in my cupboard, and it wasn't too old ;-)

Since I can't share my pizza with you, I will leave you with some food for thought, a line in a Sheryl Crow song that I heard today and stuck in my mind:

It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

Which reminds me of Joni Mitchell's words of wisdom:

You don't know what you've got til it's gone.

Definitely words to live by...and a good reminder to appreciate things! 
Have a happy Friday and a great weekend! 

6 comments:

Kim said...

So happy the leg thing was a fluke!

Does that class make you feel good sore or bad sore? My strength class leaves me sore, but in a way I can tell I am growing. If you are using the word "crippled," I doubt that is the case!

PIZZA! I am going to ask Steven to make some this weekend.

Amy said...

Bad sore, to the degree that I wonder if I might be doing permanent damage... I think just writing about it has helped me to make a decision to drop that class and do something that makes me feel good.

Cindy said...

Drop the class, remember how boot camp was killing me and you said " drop the class"

Char said...

It's good to hear that your calf is good. Not good about your hip though. But it's good that you're going to skip the class that's creating the issue. So, all in all, it's good.

Ewa said...

Got my laptop back and it's working well enough for me to read stuff without windows opening at random!!!

I can run in the rain but certainly do not like the wind. Same with biking.
I would ditch any class that makes me 'bad' sore.

I love those quotes. Though I don't fully agree with the first one. If we kept satisfied with what we had we would never accomplish anything.

Anonymous said...

Pizza, I love pizza!
Take care and skip the class if you feel pain.