My middle son wanted to make foccacia bread today, and I thought I'd make some soup to go with it for dinner, which works perfectly with the cold and blustery weather we're having. Three ginormous red peppers in the fridge and a large sweet potato were all I needed to be inspired! Here's how I made it:
First heat up your broiler. Halve the peppers, pull out the seeds and pith and place them skin side up on a non-stick or lightly oiled baking tin. Put them under the broiler for about 15 minutes (check frequently) until the skins are blackened all over. Take them out and let them cool off until you can handle them without getting your fingers burnt. Peel the skins off and remove any remaining seeds and stems.
While the peppers are broiling, roughly chop an onion, a celery rib, and three cloves of garlic. Peel and cube a large sweet potato. Sautee the onion and celery in about a tablespoon of olive oil in a soup kettle til soft. Add the garlic and sweet potato, and sautee another minute or so. Now you can add your roasted and peeled peppers to the pot, along with 5-6 cups of vegetable stock, 2 Bay leaves, a pinch each of dried rosemary, thyme and summer savory, a dash of tumeric and some freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer gently until the sweet potato cubes are soft. Remove the Bay leaves, blend until smooth with an immersion blender and check the seasoning. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Sounds delicious and I am sure it looks good too, will have to try this. You can catch me in a trap with red bell peppers...
We call them capsicum and I love them raw or cooked. This recipe sounds delicious!
It was really good so let me know if you try it! We had it with foccacia bread straight out of the oven - yum!
Have been missing you here. Are you busy these days or just don't feel like blogging much?
Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Maybe I'll try that myself. Many thanks for sharing!
Looking for software? Check this out:
Medisoft program
Most widely used medical program
I love sweet potatoes, but never thought about adding them to soup. Love this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
That sounds delicious. Red peppers look so healthy and tempting!
Delicious. Red pepper is very healthy and I love sweet potatoes.
Hey gteat little recipe, looks very tastey. I shall be trying this out one evening this week, i ewill post back and tell al what i thought.
driveways essex
Post a Comment