For the past several weeks I've been doing the Matt Roberts "I Will Make You Fit Fast" program (which I think I've blogged about before). It's a 12-week program of workouts by a well-known UK trainer. I have two of his books and I've always really liked them.
The great thing about the program I'm doing now is the variation in the workouts, which challenges me to do different things and get out of my usual routine. I'm on week 7 now, and plan to finish the entire 12 weeks by the beginning of September, allowing a couple weeks off for when we're on vacation.
So yesterday rowing was on the plan, a gym machine I hardly ever use. There are three rowers at the gym, and there was a young guy on the middle one, so I took the one on the left, and an older lady I know was on the one on the right. I quickly got into a rhythm and was very focused on watching the distance I was doing (I had to do 2200 meters), when the lady called over to me, "He's moving forward!"
I looked up and yes, indeed, our fellow rowing dude's entire machine had moved about a meter forward into the aisle, and was inching further! I had to stop myself from laughing out loud, it was so funny! And I wasn't even sure if the guy realized it, as he kept rowing away! Should I tap him on the shoulder and warn him? I figured that there could have been no way he hadn't noticed he was moving forward, though, and after a few minutes he stopped, got off his machine and sheepishly pulled it back to its original position. But the other lady and I both congratulated him - "wow! awesome rowing!" - and so then he smiled and looked kind of proud of himself. I was glad we made him feel better about it, but I made a mental note to avoid the middle rower in future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is really funny! You are doing great with your program. Keep it going!
That's hysterical! What power to be able to get your stationary rower to move. Maybe he should be trying out for the Olympics in 2016.
Good to hear from you! Keep it up. I have never rowed in my life.
It seems you're following a good program, considering that it gives you the opportunity to get out of your usual routine. Glad hear it is going well.
Haha! Sounds like a good programme - well done! :)
Post a Comment