What a pleasant change! We woke this morning to bright sunshine pouring through the windows, and although it was cold (I made sure I had my long johns on this time!) it was simply the most beautiful kind of weather for running. We headed out to our lake and got going - 7 loops were on the program for today (9.8 km). Lots and lots of other runners were out, too, taking advantage of the brilliant weather.
I was thinking about what Mom had read about people in northerly climates being vitamin D deficient, so as soon as I got warm enough, I took my gloves off and rolled my sleeves up to my elbows to catch some rays.
Going into our last two loops, I realized I should have probably brought some sports drink with me, as I started feeling like a battery that has lost all its juice! But we managed to finish all the same, just a bit slower, and after 69 minutes, we were done, stretched in the sun, and headed home.
After a hot shower to warm me up it was time to get lunch ready - falafel, green beans, potatoes and salad. While I was cooking, my nine year old sat at the kitchen table and worked on his presentation on the invention of the bicycle, the older two were studying for exams, and the sun was pouring through my kitchen windows and all seemed so peaceful, cozy and warm. A perfect Sunday in December.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Godd for you. Not only did you get your run in but you got some sun also.
OMG, I haven't had a falafel in over 30 years...okay another recipe request please, and just so you know I'm making curried carrot soup as I type this (I added some mushrooms, hope that's okay)
BTW, it sounds like you are having a WONDERFUL Day....
;^)
Sounds like a GREAT day! I love it when the weather cooperates :)
Lily, mushrooms sounds like a great addition to that recipe! As for the falafel, my grocery store has these great organic falafel burgers that I buy ready made, but I do have a good recipe somewhere, I will dig it out for you.
Glad you had a good run! And I love falafels too...
Post a Comment