Friday, September 4, 2009

My legs are killing me!

I was not sure what it was going to be like, doing a Zumba class and then following it up with a full body resistance work out...

The Zumba class was very intense. Lots of high intensity stomping, lunging, and all those dance steps (mambo, chacha, etc) - I couldn't believe how much I was sweating. But it's fun, the music is great and the class flies by, mostly because I have to really concentrate to keep up with the moves. Our teacher finishes the class with a segment of ab work and then a cool down. By then I felt I had got a pretty good workout in - but I still had weights to do!

I worked through the Matt Roberts program, alternating upper body with lower body moves, but I could really feel the Zumba in my legs, and by the end, they were shot. I still had to make a detour to the library to pick up a book, and then home on my bike... oh, help! Just one more bike journey to go today, to pick up Felix at school - I hope I can make it. I'll make sure to leave in time so I don't have to go too fast. Did I mention that it's raining?

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Look at you, doing a lass and then weights plus biking. You go girl !

Joy said...

Ice! Or a long soak in cold water! Lactic acid--eeek!

Fran said...

Your kidding me: rain?
It's autumn it seems. I need to run tomorrow morning so I hope it doesn't rain too hard because I really need to do it tomorrow morning otherwise it won't happen this weekend.

Definitely going to try Zumba, sounds great!

Have a great weekend!

Alexandra said...

The Zumba class sounds like more of a workout than an exercise class!

You asked what Vitamin I is! It's my nickname for Ibuprofen.

RobinLK said...

Greetings from Orlando, Florida!

My sister swears by Zumba! She says it's THE BEST workout. :) Haven't tried it yet, but one of these days...

Amy, so glad you stopped by my running blog. I've enjoyed visiting yours this evening (and seeing your Princess pic). I look forward to following your posts. I noticed you're reading my food blog, too... thank you! :) The blogs are my 'twins' - born this summer, but w/ very different personalities. :)

By the way - I agree w/ Alexandra: Vitamin I is very necessary sometimes! (lately for me..oh my aching over-40 knees! Ouch.) Take it easy yourself.

Robin