Like last year, I decided to run a route so I could deliver some Christmas cards to friends in the neighborhood. But because we are having a cold snap (it was -4 C when I left) I thought I would skip the one person who lives a lot further out, and keep it to about a nice half hour, which is what I was thinking I could stand in this cold!
So all bundled up, with my fluorescent backpack for the cards, I started out. At first, I felt terribly cold, mostly my feet, but as I got going it was fine, I was dressed warm enough. If it weren't for my calf which started to hurt towards the turn around, I think I would have run longer and gotten that last card delivered (I had it with me just in case). I didn't have my ipod with me (didn't think it would feel good to have headphones in my ears with a hat and scarf jammed on them) and it was amazingly quiet and peaceful. This with the gray and frosty surroundings, made for a relaxing winter run of just over 4 kilometers and 30 minutes.
And that last card? I guess it will be going in the mail!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ack! the darn calf. Sabotage!!
I applaud you for even trekking out in that cold.
What a fun idea! Did you knock on everyone's door and say hello, or just leave the card?
Hope the calf feels better today :)
What a fun excuse to run! We lived in England for a couple of years and spent lots of time in Belgium...I miss it!
Oh, get that calf checked!
Sounds like a perfect run, sometimes a nice run with a mission is just the best!
What a great Christmas tradition!
I'm so impressed with your dedication! What a great idea to deliver cards "on the run." It gives a new meaning to that phrase.
I hope everything is okay with that calf.
Thanks you guys! For the record, I do my deliveries incongnito - I get so sweaty and red in the face that I would be embarrassed to knock on people's doors. I did consider it last year, though, when I felt like I could use a potty break, but then the thought of peeling off all those sweaty layers and then trying to get them back on again, all in someone else's house...nah...
What a great idea! And so good of you running in the cold. I was supposed to do that yesterday but than it started snowing and as I'm afraid of falling I didn't run. Cold doesn't bother me but snow does.
Post a Comment