Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lost & Found

Was anyone else intrigued by the article in the latest Runner's World about the man who finds all that money on his runs? I have never found any cash on my runs, I think Belgians are too careful with their money to leave it lying around on the street, but today I for some reason (probably that article) started paying attention to what was on the ground. Besides a lot of trash, dog poo and beer cans, I also saw:
  • half a cucumber wrapped in plastic
  • a child's blue mitten
  • a black haired wig
  • a slice of salami

Go figure. I did have a great run actually, out and back to Carpetland, which is just shy of 7 km. My first run outside since coming back from California, but today the weather is just about as perfect as you can get here in the winter: 12° celsius (which actually feels just right once you get going), not too windy, not too rainy (just a few drops here and there). The only thing missing was some sunshine. It was actually a great 50 minutes and now I feel good about doing the Corrida later this month, it should go fine.

Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Wouldn't it be nice to find money on a run? One time I found a Christmas cup that I brought home, sanitized and gave to my 4 year old. He thought he had won the lottery!

Great job on the 7km run! That's awesome.

Kim said...

I did think that article was interesting! What did he net, was it $800 or $8000 or something? I better look to see what I find on my run today! (probably nada)

Fran said...

Hey that's funny: we can run together! I did a 7K this morning too and it took met 51 minutes. The weather was perfect this morning.

I never found any money during my runs.

Mark said...

Don't forget, there could always be tourists dropping money! I seem to remember someone finding a 2 Euro coin :)

J said...

Wait, did I just read that correctly that you did an out and back course?? What happened to the loops today!

I found a penny last Friday on my run. It was slightly run-over looking, though.

Unknown said...

That is to funny! Maybe you'll find something you can use on the next run

http://www.byebyebigguy.com/

Lori said...

I found a tiny kitten on one of my runs this fall and came home with him. He was bedraggled and dirty on the side of the road. We got him to a foster home and I got an email that he has grown big and is a wonderful kitty now!