Monday, January 11, 2010

The Happy Award!



Surprise!


Alexandra surprised me by selecting me to receive the Happy Award! Thank you, Alexandra! I do generally think of myself as a pretty happy person, but mostly I think of myself as a very LUCKY person.


In accepting the award, I am supposed to list ten things that make me happy. It's kind of hard just to pick ten, so here are the ones that pop into my head right now:
  1. My kids
  2. Sunshine
  3. A good run
  4. Hearing a favorite song and being able to sing it out loud or dance to it (not always appropriate!)
  5. Watching old family home movies
  6. This video
  7. Crossing the finish line
  8. Being able to play a piano piece without too many mistakes
  9. A hot cup of coffee on a cold snowy morning
  10. Connecting with friends, new and old, close by and far away, over a cup of coffee or via blog, phone, mail, Facebook...

Finally, there is one more thing - I get to nominate someone else for this award - and the happy person is my blog friend Fran up in the Netherlands, for her positive attitude and perserverance!

6 comments:

Kim said...

What a great happy list! I really wish I knew how to play the piano. It sounds so fun (I can play the violin, so maybe someday I will learn!)

Anne said...

I had never seen the dance video...what a great way to start my day :)
Have a great one!

Lily on the Road said...

Awesome List Amy! Wow, I'll have to watch the video when I'm at home...

Congrat's on your Happy Award, I can't think of anyone more deserving!

Fran said...

Thanks so much Amy, I'm honored!

I already received it before, here's my happy list:

http://dutchgirlgetshealthy.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/

I hope for both of us that the stupid snow will soon be gone and we can go out running again!

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

Awww, great happy list! I love this little meme going around. It's lovely to know what makes people happy.

Alexandra said...

Thank you for sharing your happy list with us! I enjoyed watching that video, a great pick me up as I start my day!