We woke up this morning to another dusting of snow. The freezing temperatures are predicted to last well into the end of next week, and we are supposed to get another snow storm this weekend. It seems like there is no end in sight. At least I got a good workout shovelling this morning! I left the house to walk my son to school feeling freezing and stiff in every muscle; I came back and shovelled the sidewalk and driveway, and by the time I was done, I was toasty warm and feeling a lot perkier. Then it was time to take the lights off our Christmas tree and haul it outside. Not bad for a strength workout!
I still haven't dared to run on the messy and slippery sidewalks outside yet - I admire all those of you further up north who get out no matter how much snow or how low the temp!
Here's a super simple recipe I have been wanting to share - we made this over the holidays as an appetizer and the kids devoured it - which is always a good sign!
Lentil-Walnut Paté
1 can of (Italian) lentils, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 T Dijon mustard
1 T red wine vinegar
1/2 t thyme
salt and pepper
Mix everything in a blender or food processor (I use my hand held blender) until smooth. Great on crackers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fortunately we haven't had snow for a week now. But around Amsterdam it was heavy yesterday. The roads here are no longer slippery so I'm happy I can go out running this afternoon.
If you check out my blog, you will see that I presented you with The Happy Award!
Your weather has made the news here in Calgary! What is up with Mother Nature! I hope things improve and you can be outside running again.
Post a Comment