We were "blessed" with a few more centimeters of snow on Saturday night. While it made our train trip to Wavre to visit friends yesterday afternoon very beautiful, it was not so nice this morning when we all had to get out to school on the slippery bike paths and sidewalks. I think I told the boys at least a hundred times to be careful.
So today I am making a big pot of bean and pasta soup and getting started picking up, cleaning up, boxing up, and putting away. It looks like the weather is going to stay very cold for the next week so we will just have to grin and bear it! On the exercise front, I am on standby right now, but plans are brewing...
I have just finished reading the latest book by Jonathan Safran Foer, "Eating Animals", an eloquent, thoughtful and thought-provoking search for answers about the real implications of our eating habits. I highly recommend it. It reconfirms for me the global and humane aspects of eating a vegetarian, vegan or near-vegan diet, and really reinforces me in my conviction that, with all the plant food available to us, there is really no reason why we have to be eating animals, certainly in the current huge quantitities that they are consumed. Less meat and animal products is better for our health, better for the environment, better for animals and better for a more just distribution of food and other resources in the world. Just some food for thought for anyone thinking of making positive changes this year!
Hope you all made it through the end of the year happy, healthy and sane!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear the brewing exercise plans.
I am so happy Foer's book got so much press. It's such a simple read and the message really needs to get out there. Happy you enjoyed it! :)
Post a Comment