
I am borrowing this quote from Anne since she tagged me with the "Versatile Blogger Award". I have some time on my hands today since I am taking it easy before the big day tomorrow - hydrating, resting, icing my right leg, eating carbs...so I thought I would get this post written! I am supposed to tell seven things about myself and then tag some other bloggers to do the same. Here it goes!
1. My husband and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary on 12-12-12.
2. I have lived in Belgium since September 1989, which means 21 years this fall... which is getting pretty close to half my life.
3. I was the oldest of four sisters:
4. So you can imagine my surprise when I ended up having three boys!
5. The most unusual place I have ever been is the country Macedonia.
6. When I first started running I never expected I would ever enjoy it, and after the first half marathon I told myself I would never do another one! (And what am I doing tomorrow for the 3rd time???)
7. I really enjoy being in my 40's. I have a lot more confidence than I did in my 20's, and I am in better shape and healthier than I was in my 30's.
So I am supposed to pass this on...I decided to tag a blog that I just recently started reading:
Liz in Scotland who just finished her first full marathon
6 comments:
3 boys and being in Belgium so long!!! wow - now thats major news for me...
I also hated running and now love it, but NEVER have I run more than 14km...
Nice image of your three boys! Did you enjoy the country Macedonia? I lived in Bulgaria, near Macedonia, and in Romania from 1994 to 1995. I was there for job.
Good luck again for your third half-marathon!
I was in Macedonia for a short visit (accompanied my husband when he had a work trip there) and so we only visited Skopje. I found it to be very different from the rest of Europe, there was a very special atmosphere there, a bit dark and menacing in a way. It was weird. The former Eastern European countries just have such different baggage as compared to western Europe. I imagine Bulgaria and Romania to have a similar feel.
My health improved in my 40s and is even better in my 50s. With age comes some wisdom in my case I guess!
How interesting! That must have been a surprise to have 3 boys. :) I love that you enjoy being in your 40s. I'm well on my way and hope to feel the same way you do, that I'll be even healthier and happier than I am now! Thanks for sharing!
I wonder what it would be like to have that many sisters (or that many sons!). We are a boy-girl-boy-girl family ;)
Post a Comment