Monday, June 21, 2010

Phase 1 Halfway Done!

Hectic morning today - had to get to the grocery store to get food in for lunch (both big boys plus husband home today), have enough time to make the lunch, and wanted to get my New Rules workout in this morning too. For a minute I was thinking about waiting and doing it in the afternoon but I finally decided just to bite the bullet and get it out of the way. I'm so glad I did - I still have plenty of time to make lunch and I have that good feeling of gotten a lot accomplished. In addition to that, I am now halfway through Phase 1!

The next 8 workouts in Phase 1 will take longer because they will require 3 sets for each exercise instead of two. I am glad today was still a relatively short workout - I biked to the gym, did 12 minutes on the elliptical, did the weights, stretched and biked home. I left at 9:45 and got home at 11:00. Phew! Now my spaghetti sauce is bubbling on the stove and in a minute I will get the water boiling for the pasta - I am making "Spaghetti al Forno" today. The only thing that will have to wait til after lunch is my shower!!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice on the Garmins yesterday - from what I can tell, people who have a Garmin, no matter what model, seem to love using it for running. Thanks to AJH especially for the link to this review of the 110. So I think I am definitely going to get one - just a question of deciding which one...I'll be sure to keep you posted!

2 comments:

ajh said...

Be sure to let us know what you get and how you like it. I couldn't live without mine now that I have it. It is great for running in new places. I am anal about wanting to know my mileage.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

It sounds like you are doing great with your phase I! Congratulations. I can't wait to see what kind of Garmin you get!