Monday, December 27, 2010

Running and Bowling


It was a very nippy 26 degrees (-2 C) outside yesterday morning but with lots of sun and a beautiful blue sky so Christy, Stefaan and I decided to go for an easy run together. We looped around the nice trails they have here that go between neighborhoods. It was pretty cold at first but once we got warmed up it wasn't too bad, and it sure helps to have nice conversation while you're at it! We ended up doing 6 km, but I won't post the Garmin map because I messed it up by turning it off when we bumped into Jenny and Mark who were returning from a 17 mile run, and then forgetting to turn it back on when we continued on, and then doing the same thing again when we took a quick stop at Starbucks. Duh!


Later we all headed out to Main Event, a place where you can bowl, play video games and even laser tag! We are all big bowling fans and had three lanes going for quite a while - it was great fun. My best score was a 124 - I was more than pleased! (Yes, I do jump up and down and whoop it up when I get a strike!) The last thing we did was field a ten man team in laser tag. I had never done laser tag before, but I paired up with my niece and we did pretty well watching each other's back and taking our opponents out best we could. Laser tag really brings out your inner beast!!! By that time we were all pretty hungry so we all headed out to Bari's, one of the family's favorite Italian places - yum!

4 comments:

ajh said...

I've never played Laser Tag. Must be good cross training!

Fran said...

That was a fun day!

Snow is melting indeed here but not fast enough for me :) Can't wait till it's gone because running outside is more dangerous now than when there was just snow.

Anonymous said...

A funny day. I think that the cold is not a problem to run if there is no wind.
I never played bowling and laser tag, maybe I am losing something in my life.
Indeed here we have a place to play (named Timeout) but I go there only to eat a very good pizza!

Char said...

You're having a great holiday, aren't you. Sounds like a lot of fun.