Thursday, January 20, 2011

Family News!

My sister Jenny recently got her Personal Training degree from the Cooper Clinic in Dallas and has just started professionally at FlexOne, a gym in Trinity, FL. She also has a new personal training blog - check it out here. Jenny was also interviewed in a loal news publication in an article about exercising in cold weather. I am really excited and proud of her! As you might know, Jenny and her husband Mark were instrumental in getting all the rest of us started with running. So I know she is going to be an awesome personal trainer!

This morning my son wanted to bike to school instead of walk. Which for me means instead of a 30 minute walk, I would only get a 10 minute bike ride. So when we arrived at school, instead of going straight home I decided to bike a bit further and get about 20 minutes in before heading home again. I actually bumped into someone I know who was biking the same direction, to her job, and we chatted for a few minutes as we cycled, which was fun. I ended up working up a sweat for a good half hour - which makes me feel I earned a nice cup of coffee (and some blog reading time) when I got home!

I still need to do today's yoga, which is a 30 minute practice focused on backbends - hmmm...sounds challenging! I am feeling a lot better today - must have been a 24 hour stomach bug or something - so I am going to give it a try. Update: the yoga workout was really good - a lot of shouder and back stretching focused on bow pose. I feel a lot more open through my shoulders, which is one of my weak spots. Awesome! Now I can get on with the rest of my day...

9 comments:

Marcelle said...

Congratulations to your sister..went over and see no follow button to follow her :(

Great that you did your bike ride and added extra time...Its too cold for me, struggling to get to gym these days as well...roll on spring!!!

Amy said...

I know, there isn't a feed for her blog, but I think you can subscribe to in on Google Reader.

I am with you on the weather - can't wait for things to warm up!

Ewa said...

How convenient to have a fitness expert in the family.
I wish I could bike places where I live.

Johann said...

Well done to your sister! I always enjoy when you write about your biking. Here in SA the roads are so dangerous. No one I know of bike to work in Johannesburg.

J said...

Thanks for linking me Amy!!

I really liked today's yoga routine, it may be one of my favorites so far.

J said...

Oh, and when I view my blog, there is a subscribe button on the top right hand side, does that not show up for you?

Char said...

Good to hear that you're feeling better. And congratulations to your sister.

ajh said...

Biking with your son to school sounds wonderful.

Fran said...

That's great about Jenny. Congrats for her!

Good for you that you decided to bike a bit further.
Boy the weather scared me to death this afternoon when I was walking Bella: wet snow!
I don't want to have anymore snow this winter, I've had enough! Luckily by now the weather is fine.