Friday, January 21, 2011

I did it!


Today's yoga challenge class was another peak pose class - remember last Friday when the challenging pose to work up to was the splits? Well this week the peak pose was Crane/Crow or Bakasana (pictured here to the right). Bakasana is a tough pose, requiring strong arms, an ability to open the hips, and a good sense of balance! The class was awesome, slowly building up with poses to open the hips and feel the strength in the arms and then easing you into the pose itself. I was actually kind of surprised to find myself suddenly in Bakasana, and very stable too! That is one of the funnest things about yoga - it sometimes allows your body to do things you never thought you could do.
Have a happy Friday, everyone!

13 comments:

Ewa said...

This is amazing. Wow. All that strength training you did before is certainly paying off. Now of course I have to see if I can do this pose.

J said...

Great job Amy! I have been looking forward to trying out this one all week. I will let you know how I like it!

Johann said...

That is great, well done! I will rather not attempt this. Have a good weekend!

Anne said...

That is amazing Amy...but, not so surprising, you are in such great physical condition!

Anne said...

BTW, I have a CSN giveaway going on right now and although they only deliver to the US and Canada, you could enter it for someone else. I know you have family in the states so, check it out :)

Fran said...

Amazing Amy! I've tried this position a few times at yoga classes but I kept falling down :) Means your upper body has become very strong through all the weight lifting.

Lily on the Road said...

You never cease to amaze me Amy. Good for you to be so consistent with your training. If I tried that pose right now, I'd probably fall forward and break my nose (again).

Congrat's to your sister....

Kim said...

That is so awesome! I wish I knew how to get in to that pose! I have never tried it :)

Lori said...

Wow - that is impressive!

Giorgio said...

Interesting pose.
Have a nice weekend, Amy!

Marcelle said...

GASP!!!!!!!!!!!

The Merry said...

Wowza!

Char said...

That's amazing. I can't imagine ever being able to do that.