Just finished today's yoga sequence: Day 6: Hip Openers - this is a great one for runners! A very calm but thorough work out for the hips and legs and much less difficult than yesterday's workout (my legs were quite sore from that so this felt good today).
I have noticed this week one huge benefit from the past two years of doing more intense weightlifting: my arms are much stronger which enables me to hold poses like plank much better than I could in the past. I used to dread plank and even downward dog in yoga class because my arms were too weak and now it is no big deal!
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I need to start something like yoga as so stiff ~ as I dancer I was supple and could split etc, but these days with all the running my hamstrings are so tight..
January am just trying to get my fitness level back so only doing cardio, need to get a plan for Feb going soon.
That's why I do Pilates because it benefits my running so much. It seems strange and almost impossible but it seems that only after 1 Pilates class and two strength sessions my legs are already stronger.
Post a Comment