Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cold Snap

A cold front came through yesterday and I was so glad I hadn't given into temptation and put away all my winter clothes yet! I usually don't dare do that until the beginning of May here, but it was mighty tempting last week, with the gorgeous weather we had been having. I hadn't been to the gym all week, so I decided to go there today for a treadmill run - you know how I like to get hot and sweaty and I just didn't feel like braving the chilly wind this morning! The nice thing about the treadmill is that you can "force" yourself to go at an easier pace. It felt good and I ended up with 8.8 km in an hour. Have a great Sunday!

6 comments:

Marcelle said...

Same weather this side....I ran outside today.....even took off my long sleeves and ran in my short one....it got warm around 11am...but still 10 degrees compared to the 17 degrees we had last week....
Hope it warms up for us girls this side of the globe...
Have a good week...and keep running!!!

Anonymous said...

8.8 km in a hour is a good distance on the treadmill.
Here it's warm, real spring time.

Johann said...

We've got our first cooler weather here after the summer. No cold front yet, just cool and rainy. Nice run!

ajh said...

This was interesting because I force myself to go at a a harder pace on the treadmill.

Fran said...

Really? A cold front? Well it must have stopped at the border of Holland because we had the absolute perfect day today and yesterday wasn't bad either.

I always put away my Winter clothes at the latest on April 1st. I have a lot of jackets that I can wear when it's chilly. I don't wear white pants however immediately, those are real Summer clothes for me.

Liz said...

We've had very warm sunny weather for the last few days, but it is forecast to get much cooler this week. Keep those jumpers at the ready...