Thursday, March 10, 2011

A little bit of Flanders in Walmart


I just read in our newspaper that the Flemish company Lotus is now selling their "Biscoff spread" in the US at Walmart! I happen to have a jar of this in my cupboard because my kids love it - here, it's called "speculoospasta", after the traditional speculoos cookies it's made from.
It's lower in fat than peanut butter, but higher in sugar (and it's vegan). And it tastes really good!
Now I won't have to carry a jar over in my suitcase when we visit the family...

6 comments:

Marcelle said...

and in Germany I have never seen it, but high in Sugar I will stay away from.....x

Lori said...

I love Nutella and I bet I would love this just as much LOL!

ajh said...

I may have to look for this although I am no fan of Wal Mart esp. the one near me.

Fran said...

I think "speculoospasta" is gross. We've tried it once and we didn't like it. I prefer peanut butter or Nutella.

Pat said...

Sounds like something I should give a try. I eat peanut butter every day and was thinking I'd like to find something else for variety.

Unknown said...

I love the Biscoff cookies and can only imagine how amazing this would taste. Plus, if the calorie count is lower than PB that's a bonus!