Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cold Cold Cold!

Well, we are still letting water run at night and this has solved our problem for the time being.  It looks like we are going to have these very cold temps thru the end of next week - *sigh*.   I will say, it has been very pretty here, with the bright sun and the snow...  I dread tomorrow for my kids who have to bike to school early in the morning, though.

I really don't like running in the cold, so I am lucky to be able to go to the gym and get my sweat going on the treadmill.  This morning I got a 60 minute, easy 8.5 km run in and it felt great.  The gym seemed busy - probably a lot of other people who wanted to stay warm while getting some exercise.  Looks like I am going to be there a lot this week!

6 comments:

ajh said...

I don't mind - too much - running in the cold but I don't like being chilled after.

I am about a third of the way through the Passage but once Amy died (I think) and all the characters changed I have lost interest. I am setting it aside for now. Will I regret it?

Karin said...

Oh my goodness, it is cold there. Good thing you have the gym to go to. Stay warm!

Char said...

I'm glad you've solved your water issues - even if you have to waste some water. At least you can shower after the gym.

Liz said...

We were hit with snow this weekend too. i must admit I hate it - it just messes up my plans! let's hopw Europe warms up soon!

Fran said...

Can you believe this cold and especially how long we are having it?

I'm going to try to run again this week. My body has adjusted to the temps, I don't find it that cold as it was the first days.

Hold on, it must get warmer someday :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the treadmill is not .... a dreadmill but a good option.