Thursday, February 16, 2012

Winter in Brussels

Just got back from Brussels, where I met Aisling for lunch at a new place: Be Positive, which I discovered is right around the corner from my husband's office building!  We tried texting and phoning him to meet us but to no avail (he was probably in a meeting).  But that allowed us to keep to our usual agenda of catching up on all things we always have to catch up on: basically, girl talk!

It was a funny little place, actually more of a shop than a real restaurant, but with two tables for two where you could sit and eat the ready made sandwiches, salads or soups for sale in the shop.  We both opted for the soup, which was a mixed veggie soup and came with bread.  Very warming for a chilly day in the city!

6 comments:

Char said...

It's probably better that he couldn't come. I find when my husband comes it really inhibits my ability to say mean things about him.

ajh said...

I hope you had fun with your friend. Soup on a cold day sounds great!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Sounds like a fun lunch date in an interesting location. I miss going to lunch with my friends from Florida. We only have big chain restaurants here.

Lily on the Road said...

Looks like a Fab place for girl talk and I love the fact that when you click on the link, it turns itself into English so you can read about it. Very clever.

Fran said...

What a great place, love the colors of it. Sounds like you had a great lunch date with your friend.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a fun morning/afternoon.
I love the belgian soups, usually I have lunch at the Kelderke in the Grand Place.