We spent a lovely Saturday afternoon walking at Horst Castle:
There is a network of great walking paths all around the countryside surrounding the castle...
...and it was just the right time of year to spot those bright red toadstools with the white spots.
Unfortunately that very same day, my youngest son, Felix, fell at badminton practice and injured his ankle. He's got some badly torn ligaments and will be in a cast at least until the end of the year. He was in a lot of pain at first, but is doing better now. And getting very skilled at walking around with crutches!
Felix being in a cast meant that we had to change plans for my birthday lunch out - we had it at home instead, and I made this amazing vegan layered pumpkin cake - yum yum! (The original recipe calls for sweet potato puree but I subbed pumpkin and it was delicious.)
8 comments:
Nooooooooooo did I miss your birthday? Happy belated birthday.
I know about the frost, it was an unpleasant surprise this morning that my car windows were covered with a small layer of ice. Not ready for Winter yet.
Lovely walk! I will get back to you on a walk we can do together. I have to check the planning for next year and finds something that's easy to get to for the both of us and where Bella is allowed (not walking without her :) ) So I didn't forget and I'll get back to it.
That cake looks amazing! I hope you had a great birthday. I woke up wondering why it was so light- snow on the ground.
Poor Felix. I hope his ankle heals quickly and he's running around again soon-ish.
I love the pictures. I like Fall a lot too. Especially the colours!
http://www.momshomerun.com
Happy belated birthday.
Sorry for Felix, I wish a very fast recovery.
Great pictures.
Here not cold yet but rainy.
Can't believe I missed this post! That cake looks divine. Hope all is well at your house!
So sorry to hear about your son. I hope he will recover soon.
Happy belated birthday!
Nice pictures of those trees and their shades of red, orange and yellow. I also like this season and its millions of leaves which cover sidewalks. It's my favourite time of the year: weather is usually perfect for sports or for simply taking long walks in the woods. On the other hand, some people complain about the hard work: they have to rid the roofs and gutters of leaves :)
Have a nice weekend, Amy!
So sorry to hear about you son's injury! I hope he will recover soon.
Happy belated birthday!
Beautiful pictures of the trees with their shades of yellow, orange and red. I also like this season and its millions of leaves which cover lawns and sidewalks.
It's my favourite season: weather is usually perfect for sports and for simply taking long walks in the woods. On the other hands, some people complain about the hard work ... they have to rid the roofs and the gutters of leaves :)
Have a nice weekend and enjoy the rest of this fall!
Post a Comment