Monday, August 13, 2007

Start of a new week!

Last week's total distance: 13 km
Year to date distance: 310.3 km

My boys are attending a wall climbing camp this week and when I dropped them off this morning we took a look at the room with all the walls - it was quite impressive...and high! Check it out at http://www.klimzaalhungaria.be/ (click on "Aanbod" and then you can look at the different things they offer). They also have a "cave" where they do spelunking in the dark. (My oldest has done this and says it's kind of annoying because all the little kids pee their pants in the dark!!) Anyway, hopefully they are going to have a great week.
For me, this means I can get to the gym every morning (except Wednesday when it will be closed for a Catholic holiday). The gym and the climbing club are right in the same neighborhood, which makes it even more convenient.
So this morning I went and ran 5K on the treadmill in 37:30. I started out slow, but then I did a few faster segments (about 10.5 km/hr) for a few minutes here and there. I like being able to run faster because the display of calories burned goes up real quick! However, I do sweat a lot and that is a bit gross; I also get REALLY red in the face!
Then I came home and did my strength workout with dumbbells and stretching. Tomorrow I plan to do the elliptical and the YOU workout, Wednesday we are cleaning out our garage (does that count for exercise, Jenny?), Thursday I plan to run 7 km + strength, and Friday the elliptical and YOU workout again. And Sunday....a longer run at the park!

1 comment:

J said...

I think vigorous garage cleaning counts as cardio!

Great job today!