My swimming workout went like clockwork yesterday, I swam for 30 minutes and did 32 laps, alternating breaststroke and crawl like last week. I was really tired in the evening after we came home and had dinner, so I left my oldest on his own downstairs to watch the latest episode of LOST, crawled in bed and fell right asleep!
This morning I was anxious to find out how the running was going to feel, so after making the round trip to school twice on my bike (Gillis forgot his swimming gear), I got right off to the gym to figure it out. Well, it was quite a relief when I got on the treadmill and my ankle felt fine! Yay! So I did my speed workout as planned: 7x 1 min at speed plus 2 min recovery. I ended up doing 3.3 km in 23 minutes; the highest speed I got up to was 12 km/hr in one segment (when "Walkie Talkie Man" came on my Mp3!)
I am starting to get sympathy nerves for Mark - he is going to be running the Chicago Marathon this Sunday! He has worked really hard and I know he is going to do very well. Stefaan and I will be thinking of him when we do our lake loops on Sunday morning! Good luck, Mark!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woo-hoo! I am so glad your speed workout went okay! And I am glad you blogged about it early so I could check as soon as I got a chance! Great job!
I'm glad your ankle is better. It is best to be cautious at first until you know how it will feel, as those little pains can either go away or end up as a doctor's visit. Sounds like you got rid of this one.
Thanks for thinking about me and my marathon! I will keep in mind all those people pulling for me especially when it gets hard.
Post a Comment