Saturday, March 29, 2008

More Lake Running

Another unusual run: on Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday morning. I don't know why, but I find it much tougher to run in the afternoon as opposed to in the morning. In addition to that, it was very very windy this afternoon, which made it hard. I felt winded (no pun intended!) from the outset and never managed to get into a smooth rhythm.

So what was supposed to be 6 loops (8.4 km) turned into 5 (7 km), which took us about 50 minutes as we needed to stop a lot more often to walk. What was supposed to be an easy run turned out to be nothing but easy! Bummer...but at least we got out there and did something.

Good luck to Mom and Katy tomorrow, running the ING half marathon in Atlanta! I can't wait to hear how they did - I'm sure it will go well.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm sure it made you stronger, probably why it was hard. :D

Take care.

KatyShops said...

Thanks for the shout out! We had a blast at the ING...a really beautiful course!